Thursday, February 10, 2011

Indiana Chamber Recognizes The Midas Center As Finalist in Employer of the Year


Indiana INTERNnet, Inc., a statewide internship resource provided by the Indiana Chamber, has named The Midas Center as a finalist for the Employer of the Year in recognition of its 2010 student internship program. The awards program will take place in Indianapolis on February 10, 2011 at the Indiana Chamber Conference Center beginning at 11:30 a.m. People interested in attending the event may register at www.indianaintern.net or call IndianaINTERNnet, Inc. at 317-264-7536. The Indiana Chamber is the largest business advocacy organization in the state.

The Midas Center’s program caught the Chamber’s attention because of the leadership opportunities it offered in local business development and new technology. Owner Andrea Cook comments, “One of the most rewarding parts of my career has been obtaining projects that provide jobs and empower other creative professionals. Working with younger individuals challenges me to keep learning all the evolving technology solutions.”

Intern Camden Robertson, a 2010 graduate of Plymouth High School, was given an opportunity to learn and practice business development skills with the launch of iHEARTplymouth.com. This social media resource was created to improve the quality of life and economic development for local communities and was rolled out during his summer internship program. "The internship has really proved to be beneficial to me in so many aspects,” said Robertson. “My time management has gotten a lot better. My experience at The Midas Center has not only improved my communication skills with some important customers, but the fact that I have experience in sales and marketing via an Internet platform puts me above many of my coworkers that are my age. I’m grateful for my experience there." Robertson is now a student at DePaul University in Chicago.

The Midas Center is a full-service creative communications agency located in downtown Plymouth that provides professional marketing, advertising, public relations and branding services to businesses and organizations. For information about internships at The Midas Center, please contact Andrea Cook, President, by phone at 574-936-7058 or by e-mail >

0 comments:

Post a Comment