You have cutting edge industry knowledge to share and you want to increase your position as a thought leader in your industry. As you ride the speaker circuit, are you making the most of your investment?
Typical Presenter Scenario
You are slated to be one of the speakers at the next big event. You prepare a mind-altering, world changing presentation that will show your super-hero powers to the world. You take time off from your billable hours, travel afar, see your name
in big lights, your bio, logo in conference collateral. You get an hour to show off your brain and flair to the number of colleagues in the room. You rub elbows and network over a drink, hop back on the plane, get to the office and add another notch to your LinkedIn profile under speaking engagements. You rinse and repeat. Sound familiar?
You've made a lot of investment to build your brand in the speaker circuit. Are you relying on chance and slim grass root efforts to grow your reputation as a thought leader?
An event correspondent can help.
What is an Event Correspondent?
A professional who provides live coverage of your presentation or event, capturing and sharing a third party perspective through a variety of online social media channels. Providing online reporting with live updates to the public at-large offers value.
|Check out the review on Webtrends Facebook Sessions, Chicago captured and posted by Andrea Cook|
There are a variety of benefits a professional experienced event correspondent can offer to grow value for your business.
Here are the top ten benefits an event correspondent can do for you:
1. Builds professional credibility.A third party perspective adds authenticity. Much like a journalist covering an important event or new product, an event correspondent isn't a paid affiliate. Whether the live updates are posted under your business brand or the event correspondent's media brands, your taken more seriously when someone validates your value.
2. Positions your brand with industry expertise.Just being a speaker isn't enough. Just being a blogger isn't enough. Don't get lost in the noise. An experienced correspondent can cut through the noise and deliver your message clearly.
3. Enlarges your audience to a critical mass.Why limit your voice to the individuals sitting within the four walls? This is the new frontier of market outreach and an event correspondent can push the physical boundaries of the conference venue, geographically speaking.
4. Grows your fan base.People follow the leader. Be today's social media leader in your communities. Digitally and socially on Twitter, Facebook, Google + and within your own industry and network, a professional correspondent can point others to your leadership.
5. Preserves the information as online content.When you speak, words go in one ear and out the other. An event correspondent can archive your moment, online.
6. Generates immediate traffic.While you are delivering your presentation, the professional correspondent is getting the buzz on for you. You can track the interest in real time, immediately after you present. You can access the audience, their feedback, questions, re-tweets and more.
7. Optimizes ongoing search results.Live content updates are captured and recapped for future search results allowing your content to be found on a variety of your own channels.
8. Provides more opportunity for speaking engagements.Get the traction and reputation as a speaker so that you can grow your business through future events in your industry.
9. Optimizes your investment resources.Are you getting a return on your efforts you put in as a speaker? An experienced event correspondent can help you recognize the opportunities and optimize your resources for your next speaking engagement.
10. Increases ongoing exposure.Just how long can your wisdom and great sage go on after an event has ended? An event correspondent can give your words wings through tweets and re-tweets and so much more.
Is an Event Correspondent Right For Me?
If you are seeking added-value to your next event and you are with a small or large company, a conference planner, an event sponsor, a publicist, an individual speaker - or anyone seeking to leverage the next event to grow your brand value in your industry, then yes! It is time for you to schedule an event correspondent for your next event.
What Others Are Saying
To take the next step as a thought leader and hire an experienced, reputable correspondent to cover your next event, contact Andrea Cook at The Midas Center. See what other industry leaders are saying about this hot-off-the-press style of media management services provided by Andrea Cook and The Midas Center:
"Excellent coverage of Blogworld Expo NY has been posted by Andrea Cook."
by Neil Glassman WhizBangPowWow and Social Times on live tweeting coverage for Social Fresh
"Andrea has a real knack for knowing what social media tools and strategies will work best for which clients in a constantly evolving new media landscape. She has a good grasp of best practices and keeps up-to-date on her knowledge of tech."
by Angela Rupchock-Schafer, Social Media/Tech at Church World Service
"We were thrilled with the series of posts Andrea captured on our Facebook Marketing presentation in Chicago."
by Michele Warther, Webtrends Community Director on live blogging from Facebook Sessions, Chicago
Are you ready to take the speaker circuit express to success?
Schedule a live event correspondent today for your next event. Contact Andrea Cook at The Midas Center, (574) 936-7058.
|Event Correspondent Andrea Cook|
provides turn key services to help
build your brand online as an
industry thought leader.