Dawning on the ninth month since The Midas Center has opened its doors at 100 W. Garro Street in Plymouth, Indiana, the full service communications agency has experienced a treasure chest overflowing with projects! Although we realize that a newborn baby can be spawned in nine months, we are proud to announce the delivery of the following bundles of joy:
- Designed gratitude cards for Akina Corporation
- Helped promote the Imaginary Art School
- Launched and promoted ongoing events at the inSPIRATIVE art center, a gallery and studio rental space
- Designed and developed new web site for Culver's Lake Maxinkuckee Environmental Council
- Launched and managed a social media program for Earthworks and Earthworks Market, within the first six months, the program attracted over 250 members combined
- Designed and developed a web site for Culver's Wesley United Methodist Church
- Designed new image and graphics for Marshall County Recycle Depot
- Designed new identity and exhibit graphics for Sorian, Inc., a start-up wind power business
- Designed and developed web site for art gallery, Gallery on Main LLP
- Designed and developed materials for Chiropractic Association
WORKSHOPS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
For the first six months, we offered numerous brown bag workshops to help local businesses better understand topics such as web sites, branding and social media. Two of the most attended programs were titled, "Branding Basics: It's Not Just For Cows" and "Social Media: New Frontier of Marketing." In addition to these free workshops, owner Andrea Cook became a member to the Wythogan Toastmaster group in Plymouth. Cook also was a speaker at Indy Green Fest 2010.
We offered our creative services for a multitude of local philanthropies and causes including the Marshall County Neighborhood Center, Run Baby Baby Run and Tri Kappa's Tour De Max. Owner Andrea Cook also launched Women Advisory Group, a local group of likeminded women entrepreneurs who meet monthly to support one another helping each other succeed.
After ten years of using the same hosting service, The Midas Center made the decision to select a hosting company that is powered 100% by wind power.
Owner Andrea Cook and her husband have also launched Project Green Building, a proposal to purchase a downtown property and renovate it into a green building to help build awareness for eco-living, eco-working and eco-building. This project is designed to help build awareness through the media on each decision needed to be made throughout the full process. It also is designed to aid economic development by providing educational tours once project is completed. There is also a Facebook page for Project Green Building that has accumulated over 75 members locally and throughout the world.
Andrea Cook was selected as a finalist by Indiana Green Business Award selection committee as Indiana's Green Entrepreneur of the Year.
For the month of June, The Midas Center will be redeveloping its business model to better meet client needs for today's market. For the past decade we have offered integrated marketing, advertising, public relations and branding services. We want to work on a clear message so that we can improve our communications with you!
The Midas Center will continue to provide visual integrity and help businesses and organizations succeed in the marketplace. Transforming touch points into gold is our motto, and we're sticking to it!